23 May 2014

Counter-Strike Creator Minh Le Confirms The Existence Of Half-Life 3 And Left 4 Dead 3


Minh ‘Gooseman’ Le, one of the co-creators of the original Counter-Strike, has let slip that both Half-Life 3 and Left 4 Dead 3 are in development.

Speaking in an interview live on Twitch TV, Le confirmed what everyone has been hoping for, that both Half-Life 3 and Left 4 Dead 3 are being worked on by Valve and he has personally seen the new Left 4 Dead in action…



crimsonheadGCN over on NeoGAF spotted the interview earlier today, in which Le says he’s seen some concept art of now-almost-mythical Half-Life 3.

"I think it's kinda public knowledge, that people know that it is being worked on,” said Le. “And so if I were to say that yeah, I've seen some images, like some concept art of it, that wouldn't be big news to be honest. But yeah, I mean like I guess I could say that I did see something that looked kinda like in the Half-Life universe. And I mean it wouldn't surprise anyone if I said they're doing it, they're working on it, yeah. So to go on a limb I'd say I did see some concept art for Half-Life 3."

No doubt Valve's trained team of assassins are hunting him down as we speak, but Le was keen to also to point out the existence of Left 4 Dead 3 which, up until now, Valve has neither confirmed nor denied.

"You know, the one thing I'm really excited about is Left 4 Dead, the new Left 4 Dead. I saw it, it looks great. I was really excited when I saw that, I was like "wow, this looks great". Cos I really enjoyed Left 4 Dead, it was just one of those games that really just changed the industry. I think at the time there wasn't many good co-op games, so yeah, this is a great co-op game."

There’s hope then for those still optimistic that Valve is working on an eventual Left 4 Dead 3 and Half-Life 3, although if Gooseman’s info is correct then it sounds like both projects may still be some way off.

When do you think this pair of highly-anticipated titles will finally see the light of day?

Which of these two heavyweights are you looking forward to most?

Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment